MENTAL HEALTH, MY EXPERIENCE
![]() |
| Brian Namakobo, photo by Otis Mangwende |
Hey... Today let's talk about Mental Health.
I was once sad and thought the world was coming to an end, all I could see was a me and my shadow, I was drained, weak and teary, voices in my head "JUST END IT, WHO ARE YOU ARE? NO BODY CARES ABOUT YOU?" they said. I had all the options and reasons to end my life.
It all started on social media on one of my personal pages, I was really brutalized, mocked and insulted for a post that was just explaining how I felt which read [Voices in my head]. I died a little bit but I chose life and one day I received a phone call strange from one lady from MISA Zambia who said she was doing a research on the Zambian Bloggers to cut short, yes I am a [blogger] As if she knew what I was going through. She asked me questions relating to cyber bullying, My responses could and couldn't have been exactly how I felt at that time but talking about it brought relief in my heart. She ended on a Question "How did you handle bullying?"
Openly my formula was to shut down my page and concentrate on my spiritual aspect, things that made me happy and here I am today live and kicking.
I am a living testimony because I shared my pain with someone. You too can share with someone or maybe me at least I know how it feels.
These steps helped me recover from mental breakdown.
1. You must know that no one gives a damn about you.
2. Give and don't expect anything in return.
3. Tolerance is very important it helps you think through.
4. Your family is always key to your heart, find someone you can always talk to.
Experiencing mental health challenges is a part of life, but there is help available.
Seeking out professional help, making lifestyle changes, and leaning on loved ones for support can all contribute to a successful journey to recovery.
It's essential to prioritize mental health and take steps to maintain good mental health to lead fulfilling and happy life.
I love you all.
#mentalhealthmatters
#yourhappinessmatters
![]() |
| "I'm Fine"...... The common lie. |


Comments