LIVING AN HIV POSITIVE HAPPY LIFE

1st December, 2022

Fani Manda, speaking to Journalists at Kazungula old border ground.


By Brian Namakobo


"Today Kazungula District joined the rest of the country in the commemoration of the world AIDS day."


While having a beautiful memorable day, Fani Manda a Kazungula resident cheered the hundreds of people that  gathered at the event as she shared her testimony that she is HIV positive and living happily.


She recalled that back in the year 2019, she had some health challenges and visited the Clinic for medical check ups, it was then when she discovered that she had the virus.


"After I visited the clinic I found DAPP TCE counselors who helped me through and guided me of which I was happy with the way I was handled." she added


Ms. Manda said later there came a man who proposed to marry her but  she turned him down because of her status. 

She added that the man insisted that he was okay with her status and would marry her. In the process she got pregnant and on two occasions during the pregnancy the couple visited the clinic for VCT where as the husband was found negative.

 

Q. Where is your husband?

"After discovering that he was negative he left me, I have a child and the child is just safe and well." She said.

Q. Do you have any challenges with regard to the medications you are taking?

"Ahh no, there are myths that when you take ARVs you start having bad dreams and so forth but there is nothing like that and if I don't tell you about my status, you wont even know that am positive."


Ms. Manda has urged others to take bold steps to do their VCT and know their statuses.



KAZ MEDIA GROUP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KAZUNGULA WEEKLY BULLETINS

BRITANNICA DONATES CHILDREN'S ENCYCLOPAEDIA TO ZAMBIAN SCHOOLS

KAZUNGULA FLAGS OFF THE TEN DAYS COVID 19 VACCINATION CAMPAIGN RE-LAUNCH